Sunday 27 December 2020

Year of the Pinkgill

It's been a reasonable year for fungi in general but a spectacular one for Pinkgills. Part of it may be that I have been locked down here looking every day and part of it down to slowly increasing knowledge and better id books but even so the list of Pinkgills has grown significantly and that just shows it was a very good year for them. This year I have recorded as new for the site the following Pinkgills: Cream Pinkgill (Entoloma sericellum) Big Blue Pinkgill (Entoloma bloxamii) Enoloma juncinum Entoloma exile Recorded before but also seen this year: Lilac Pinkgill (Entoloma porphyrophaeum) Felted Pinkgill (Entoloma griseocyaneum) Indigo Pinkgill (Entoloma chalybeum) Star Pinkgill (Entoloma conferendum) Mealy Pinkgill (Entoloma prunuloides) Still sorting out: Entoloma infula Papillate Pinkgill (Entoloma papillatum) Pimple Pinkgill (Enoloma hebes) In addition there were two or three species that I thought were new but which I couldn't get an ID on. I'll have to up my skills by next year! The photo is one I didn't id - looks like a darker E prunuloides, maybe a variety of or a related species.

No comments:

Post a Comment