Friday, 2 October 2026
Lesser Horseshoe news
I've been delighted that a Lesser Horseshoe bat has been rossting in our shed for 12 years now even though it means I try not to use the shed when he's in residence. Single males I understood tend to roost alone and he was always in the same spot so I was happy that this was one individual. LH Bats can live up to 20 or 30 years of age but in the wild this is usually shorter.
I opened the shed door today to see at least three Lesser Horseshoes - I quickly shut the door again so it's possible there were more. After a google I was told that males can be live alone in the summer but can also be found in small numbers together so that probably explains the increased numbers. He's brought some friends back!
I'll go out this evening and see if I see any bats leaving the shed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment