Monday 14 October 2013

It's waxcap central......

To my surprise there are extensive fruitings of waxcaps in the third of the main fields around the house. I was surprised to find them in a second field a few weeks ago but this field is less botanically diverse than the two other fields with waxcaps and I wasn't expecting them to be there. There are also fairly profuse. One interesting aspect is the timing of the appearance of the fungi in the different fields. They have only just appeared in this field which is probably about eight weeks after they fruited in one of the other fields. There seem to be around four species, a single robust H. citrinovirens and lots of H. chlorophana and I think H. ceracea. The fourth example which I have not identified is pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment