Wednesday 10 September 2014

New Species - Painted Lady

Ignore the excuses for the lack of a photograph below - the Painted Lady has returned a couple of days later to feast on the Buddleia in the garden so I do have a photo. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I thought it had been a great year for butterflies as I had recorded 20 species including two superb new ones - Clouded Yellow and Dark Green Fritillary. Well into September and a third new one has appeared - a single Painted Lady fluttered past me and into the field in front of the house. It sunbathed long enough for me to get a positive ID but when I returned with the camera it was nowhere to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment